Dell EMC Repository Manager (DRM) is an application within the Dell OpenManage portfolio that allows IT Administrators to easily manage system updates. Dell Repository Manager provides a searchable interface used to create custom software collections known as bundles and repositories of Dell Update Packages (DUPs).
These bundles and repositories allow for the deployment of multiple firmware updates at once.
A Dell Update Package (DUP) is a self-contained executable in a standard package format that updates a specific software element on a Dell server such as the BIOS, a device driver, firmware, and other similar software updates.
Additionally, Dell EMC Repository Manager makes it easier to find and download specific updates for a particular platform, which saves time.
What is new in DRM v.3.0:
DRM allows an IT administrator to either manually create a repository of updates or integrate with other Dell EMC tools like OpenManage Essentials, OpenManage Integration with VMware vCenter, OpenManage Integration with Microsoft System Center, Chassis Management Controller, or iDRAC to automate the creation of a custom repository.
Once a repository is created, an IT administrator can schedule searches for new updates, saving time otherwise spent manually searching through the Dell support site. An administrator can also create custom deployment tools such as custom catalogs that are used by Dell EMC Tools, a custom server update utility, scripted deployment packs, and/or bootable ISOs.
DRM connects to Dell's online catalog of updates that contains information on the available Dell Update Packages (DUPs). Once updates have been selected by a user, Dell EMC Repository Manager downloads the specific, requested files.
Dell EMC Repository Manager will also automate the refresh of repositories with the latest version of update packages or run a comparison and let an administrator select which new updates to include in the repository. DRM can then be used to create deployment tools from the contents of a repository.
2 May 2018(download)
|v 3.0||What's new:
29 Jan 2018(download)
|v 2.2||What's new:
20 April 2016(download)
1. Performance: Building deployment tools such as a Bootable ISO and Customized Server Update Utility has always been time consuming. Internal testing shows 30-40% improvement in build times.
2. Web download Protocols: DRM has been enhanced to better support HTTP and HTTPS protocols. Additionally, DRM has implemented a Network Settings option to allow customers to selectively enable or disable web protocols
3. Managing Tasks: DRM can now create a number of scheduled tasks, including notification of new updates and notification when new catalogs are available. DRM then assists in managing these tasks by allowing for viewing and editing the scheduled tasks.
4. Context Sensitive Help: DRM now has context sensitive help.
5. Prerequisite Installer: DRM relies on Microsoft Windows .NET framework, and will assist in installing the required version without leaving the DRM installer.
20 Aug 2015(download)
Table 1: What's New + Downloads
|Manuals & Documents (home)|
|v3.0 Installation Guide||v3.0 User's Guide|
|v3.0 Release Notes|
|v3.0 Troubleshooting Guide|
Table 2: Manuals & Documents
|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)|
|Repository Manager for Clients|
|OpenManage Essentials Home|
|OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter Home|
|iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller Home|
Table 3: Useful Links
Article ID: SLN312652
Last Date Modified: 08/14/2018 02:19 AM
Thank you for your feedback.