Inspiron 5583, 5584, Latitude 3500 may display a gray image, a white horizontal line at the bottom, or a flickering image
You may experience a situation where your computer has an intermittent issue where the screen displays a gray image, a white horizontal line at the bottom, or a flickering image.
To help resolve the issue, download the latest BIOS from the Dell Support website.
To download and install the latest BIOS, perform the following steps.
- Browse to the Dell Drivers & Downloads page for your computer.
- Using the drop down menu under Category, select BIOS.
- Touch or click Download to the right of the latest BIOS listed for your computer.
- Open File Explorer and browse to the location where the downloaded file is saved
- Double-click the BIOS setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Your computer may restart several times to complete the BIOS update process.
Article ID: SLN316838
Last Date Modified: 09/14/2019 11:28 AM