Table of Contents:
- Testing the Network Connection of Your Printer Using the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Accessing the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
1. Testing the Network Connection of Your Printer Using the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
On any Networked Dell Laser Printer it is possible to make and save changes to the Printer's Operator Panel, such as setting up Network Scan options, by accessing the Embedded Web Server (EWS). This is useful for models that do not have an LCD Display or if you would like to change settings over the network.
Another use for the EWS is that we can use it to test for a basic Network connection between the printer and your network.
Back to Top
2. Accessing the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
In order to access your Printer's EWS, please follow the guide below:
Back to Top
- Print a settings page from your printer to obtain the IP address assigned to it (this may change depending on your system type, please see your User Guide for information on Printing a Printer/System Settings Page).
- The IP Address will be listed under 'Network' sub-heading.
- Open up a Internet browser (EG. Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome/etc).
- Input the IP Address of the Printer in the search bar.
- Press Enter and the Printers EWS should now open.
- If the EWS Opens it proves that the Printer has a working network connection and there is no hardware fault.
- If the EWS does not open and an error message is displayed, there may be a fault with the printers hardware or the network it is connecting to.
- If the EWS does not open, continue diagnosing the Network connection.
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.