Dell Support website allows you to download drivers, firmware, and some software applications for Dell desktops, laptops, all-in-one computers, docking stations, tablets, mobile devices, printers, monitors, projectors, servers, storage & networking devices, and so on. Drivers must be installed and/or updated when you reinstall the operating system or when you experience an issue such as no audio playback from the speakers. Driver updates are also notified through apps such as SupportAssist.
Dell recommends that you download the drivers for your Dell computer, printer, tablet, and other Dell devices from the Dell Drivers & Downloads website.
WARNING: Downloading and installing Dell-developed drivers or software from third-party or unknown sources can cause the computer or device not to work correctly, cause the computer to crash or not boot into the operating system, or in some rare instances infect the computer with virus, trojan, or other malicious software.
NOTE: Drivers for third-party or non-Dell products such as non-Dell branded printers, docking stations, webcams, scanners, monitors, and so on must be downloaded from the device manufacturer's website.
Downloading drivers from Dell.com/support
NOTE: Dell drivers are available for Dell-branded products such as desktops, laptops, printers, monitors, and more. Dell drivers are available for supported operating systems only.
- Go to Dell.com/support/drivers.
- Identify your Dell product
- Click Download & Install SupportAssist to auto-detect your Dell product. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Dell SupportAssist. For more information, see the Dell knowledge base article Dell SupportAssist (formerly Dell System Detect): Overview and Common Questions.
- Or, enter the Service Tag, Express Service Code, or the Serial number of the Dell product and click Search.
- Or, click Browse all products to manually select your Dell product from the catalog.
- Click Check for Updates to allow Dell to automatically find driver updates for you.
- Alternatively, you can manually locate and download the drivers using
- Keyword search box - Enter a keyword of the driver you are looking for. For example, BIOS, Chipset, Audio, Video, and so on.
- Operating System & Category filters - Select the operating system that is installed on the Dell computer and choose a driver category.
NOTE: To view drivers for your specific Dell computer, turn on the toggle switch "Show downloads for only THIS PC".
- Click the Download button next to the driver of your choice and save the file. Click Show All to see the remaining drivers.
- Using File Explorer (also known as Windows Explorer), browse to the location where the downloaded file was saved.
- Double-click the .exe driver installation file that you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 for other drivers (if required).
- After the driver installation is complete, restart the computer.
Downloading drivers using SupportAssist
SupportAssist application is preinstalled on Dell computers that are shipped with Microsoft Windows operating system. SupportAssist scans and analyzes your Dell computer for driver updates. After analyzing, SupportAssist downloads and installs the latest Dell drivers.
NOTE: SupportAssist is available for Windows computers only. If SupportAssist is not available on your Dell computer, download and install the SupportAssist app.
NOTE: Your Windows login account must have administrator privileges to download and install SupportAssist.
- Click Start and type SupportAssist.
- Click the SupportAssist app in the search results.
- In the SupportAssist window, click Start now.
- SupportAssist automatically scans your computer, checks for driver updates, downloads, and installs the latest drivers (if available).
- SupportAssist also runs other automated tasks such as scan hardware, tune performance, optimize the network, and so on.
Frequently asked questionsWhy should I update the drivers?
What is the easiest way to update drivers?
- Dell releases updated drivers frequently to ensure that your computer has the latest security patches, fixes, and functionality available. When you update your drivers, you are taking a preventative measure to protect your computer and make sure your hardware and devices work properly.
How to download and install drivers in the correct order?
- Dell Support website allows you to scan your Dell computer and check for driver updates. This is a great way to make sure all your hardware, and devices work properly. When Dell updates drivers for you, there is no need to worry about finding the right version number or the appropriate installation sequence.
- SupportAssist comes preinstalled on Windows-based Dell computers. SupportAssist allows you to automatically download driver updates for your Dell computer. If SupportAssist is not available on your Dell computer, download and install the SupportAssist app.
Where do I find drivers for my Dell printer and other Dell connected devices?
- The automated scan on the Dell.com/support/drivers and SupportAssist app will automatically install the drivers. If you are manually installing drivers after reinstalling the operating system, learn how to install Dell drivers in the correct order.
What happens if a device stops working after an update?
- To download drivers for Dell printers and other Dell-branded devices, go to Dell.com/support/drivers and identify your Dell product using the Service Tag or click Browse all products and select the product from the catalog.
NOTE: Some Dell devices such as keyboard, mouse, and more do not have a Service Tag. To identify Dell products that do not have a Service Tag, click Browse all products and select the product from the catalog.
- In some rare instances, a device may not work as expected after the driver is updated. This can happen when there is an issue with the update or if another driver is conflicting with the updated driver. To fix this issue, roll back or revert the driver to the previous version.
The videos are in English. Translated subtitles may be available for some languages.