Shipping and Delivery
Shipping and delivery — Frequently asked questions
Where can I check the status of my order?
- You can check the status of your order 24/7 on our Online Order Status page.
- Online: Your Online Order Status provides you with the most current status of your order as well as access to key features that help you manage your order.
- Confirmed Status – Your order is being processed and has not shipped. You will have access to information and actions such as:
- Estimated Delivery Date
- Ability to request SMS Text messages and add additional email addresses to be notified when your order ships.
- All the details of your order
- Shipped Status – Your order, or part of your order has shipped. The shipping details will be listed for you including:
- Ship Date
- Tracking Numbers/Carrier Links when your order has been shipped
- Details on each box or package that is shipping
- Delivered Status – Your order, or part of your order has been delivered. You will be able to see the Delivery details, Carrier tracking links, as well as available actions such as:
- Online Invoice Copy
- Online Packing Slip Copy
- Online Returns Request
- When your order has shipped, the tracking link will not be visible immediately. This information will appear as soon as the carrier provides this information.
- Customer Care: Need further assistance? Please contact our Dell Customer Support experts.
What is available for me in the Online Order Status details page?
- Provides an "At-a-glance" summary status bar.
- Delivery information (information available is dependent on order status)
- Order status
- Estimated delivery date
- Tracking link, tracking number — if the carrier link is available, you will be taken through to the carrier website for order tracking
- Shipped date
- Shipping method
- Order date
- Packing slip link when orders shipped
- Invoice link when order shipped
What is the Estimated Delivery Date and how is it determined?
- Estimated Delivery date is the date that Dell expects your order to reach you. This estimation is calculated based on 3 key factors:
- Payment method - The amount of time it takes for authorization of the payment is varies for different forms of payment such as Credit Cards, Pay Pal, and a Dell Preferred Account.
- Production/Packing time - This is the time that it will take to assemble and/or pack your order for shipment. The length of time is influenced by the production build time and/or product availability.
- Shipping Option Selected – It is important to note that this is specifically the estimated time it will take your order to reach you AFTER it has shipped.
- You can view the latest estimated delivery date information with the Online Order Status Tool.
Why is my order delayed?
- There are several reasons that your order maybe delayed:
- Payment Processing: If we are unable to process your payment, this will delay the start of production of your order.
- Shipping Method: Please note that shipping method you chose at the time of purchase is applied AFTER your order has completed production/packaging. Your order may not be delayed. The Estimated Delivery Date communicated to you at the time of purchase provides you an estimate of when the product will reach you.
- Part Shortage: Dell may experience part shortages on popular products or when our suppliers experience delays.
- Weather/Natural Disasters: These delays may impact Dell’s part suppliers or your order after it ships.
- Your Online Order Status provides you with the most current status of your order as well as access to key features that help you manage your order.
- Need further assistance? Please contact our Dell Customer Support experts.
Which shipping methods and carriers are available?
- You chose the shipping method at the time you purchased your order (Next Business Day, 3-5 Business Days, etc).
- Dell partners with industry leading carriers for each shipping option, and we will use the most appropriate carrier to deliver your order. Tracking Numbers and Carrier Links will be provided on your Online Order Status when your order ships.
- Please note, the shipping method you chose at the time of purchase is applied AFTER your order has completed production/packaging.
- The Estimated Delivery Date communicated to you at the time of purchase provides you an estimate of when the product will reach you. Your Online Order Status provides you with the most current status of your order.
Do I need to sign in for delivery?
- Most of our shipments contain valuable items, so our carriers are required to obtain a signature upon delivery for equipment ordered.
- If you are not available to sign for the delivery, you can arrange for another adult to accept the delivery on your behalf – as long as it is at the same address.
How is multiple items delivery managed?
- Multiple Order Numbers: Depending on what products you ordered and their production times or availability, your order maybe split into multiple orders and the products may have different Estimated Delivery Dates depending which factory / hub product is fulfilled and shipped.
- You can view the status of all the order numbers associated with your order by searching Online Order Status listed on your Order Confirmation email.
- Multiple Packages: Depending on the products you ordered, they may require multiple boxes or packages to safely ship your product. Each of these packages will have Tracking Numbers and Carrier Tracking links listed on your Online Order Status.
Can I change my delivery address?
- As soon as you have submitted your order, the delivery address is verified.
- To help prevent fraud, we cannot change the delivery address after your order is submitted and verified.
- If you won’t be available to accept delivery, you can arrange for another adult to take delivery on your behalf — as long as it’s at the same address.
Do you need further assistance?Please contact our Dell Customer Support experts