How to find the Serial number/product ID/PSNT
- Click here to view “How to find your Serial number/product ID/PSNT Article".
- The article lists Dell EMC products and the steps necessary to find serial numbers, product ID’s and PSNT information.
You can identify your system using the unique Express Service Code and Service Tag. Pull out the information tag in front of the system to view the Express Service Code and Service Tag. The Information tag is a slide-out label panel that contains system information such as Service Tag, NIC, MAC address, and so on. If you have opted for the secure default access to iDRAC, the Information tag also contains the iDRAC secure default password. Alternatively, the information may be on a sticker on the chassis of the system. The mini Enterprise Service Tag (EST) is found on the back of the system. This information is used by Dell to route support calls to the appropriate personnel.
Locating Service Tag Using Command Prompt:
- Information tag (top view)
- Information tag (back view)
- OpenManage Mobile (OMM) label
- iDRAC MAC address and iDRAC secure password label
- Service Tag
- Remotely log into the system
- Click your start/home button
- Scroll down and click “Windows Administrative Tools” or “Windows System”
- Click “Command Prompt”
- On the Command Prompt window, type “wmic bios get serialnumber”.
- Hit enter.
- Service Tag will be displayed.
The Service Tag and Express Service Code are found on the front of the system by pulling out the information tag. Alternatively, the information might be on a sticker on the back of the storage system chassis. Networking
The Service Tag and Express Service Code are found on the front of the system by pulling out the information tag. Alternatively, the information might be on a sticker on the back of the chassis.
The Dell EMC service tag
is a five or more character identifier that is unique to your product. In addition to the service tag, there is an Express Service Code
which is a 10-digit or more numeric version of the service tag which can be typed into a telephone for call routing. While most Dell EMC products have a service tag, some accessories and peripherals do not. As a general rule, desktop and notebook computers, servers and storage devices, printers, and mobile devices (such as phones or tablets) will have a service tag.
Enterprise server and storage computer systems include these model names: PowerEdge Server, PowerVault, and Dell EMC Storage.
The service tag label will usually be found on the back panel of the case.Watch the below video to locate your service tag on Enterprise Systems