OpenManage Essentials (OME) is a hardware management application that provides a comprehensive view of Dell systems, devices, and components in the enterprise’s network. With OpenManage Essentials, a web-based and one‑to‑many systems management application for Dell systems and other devices, you can:
- Discover and inventory the system.
- Monitor the health of the system.
- View and manage system alerts.
- Perform system updates and remote tasks.
- View hardware inventory and compliance reports Dell OpenManage Essentials (OME) is a systems management console that provides simple, basic Dell hardware management and is available as a free download.
The latest release is OME 2.0.1, and it launched in December of 2014.
New features available with OpenManage Essentials v2.0.1 include 13th generation server support, as well as support for auto deploying devices that contain multiple compute nodes.
For additional help or information about Dell OpenManage Essentials, please refer to: