Did Dell receive my payment?
- As soon as we have received and processed your payment, we will send you an order confirmation email.
- After that, your order will move to the next status and will be an order in production (Dell-branded products) or getting ready for packaging (non-Dell branded products).
- To check if we have processed your payment, please go to the Dell Order Status tool.
- If your order is listed as “Order Processing,” we haven’t been able to process your payment yet.
- If there is any problem, we will send you a notification with further instructions. So please check your email regularly (including "Junk" and "Spam" mail folders).
Why is my order on hold for payment?
- If you receive an Order Held email, it means that we couldn’t obtain authorization to process payment for your order.
- To protect your security and privacy, your card issuer cannot provide information about why your payment was declined.
- Please follow the email instructions and contact your card issuer. After the payment issue is resolved, your order will continue to the next step. Please check your email regularly (including "Junk" and "Spam" mail folders) for any communication from Dell.
- It is not unusual for this to happen, and the most common reasons are listed below:
1. Card issuers may flag any unexpected activity on your account, such as online orders or high value purchases, regardless of the amount of funds available; they will require your verbal authorization.
2. Cards have limits on how much money can be charged or accessed in a single day. Regardless of available funds in the account, your card issuer may require you to request a higher purchase limit to complete the transaction.
Can I change the method of payment of my order?
- The only way to change your method of payment is to cancel your order before it ships and then place a new order.
- Only orders placed through Dell Financial Services (DFS) can have the payment method changed without cancelling the original order.
- If your order was placed through DFS, you can call Dell Customer Service within 45 days from the date of your invoice to change your payment method and have a new order number issued reflecting the new payment method. You’ll also need to complete a form that will authorize Dell to contact DFS to cancel the charges and transfer them to the new form of payment.
Does Dell offer access to financing?
- Yes, businesses can choose from several custom financing solutions that best fit their financing needs. Learn more about business financing solutions.
How do I make a Payment Online?
How do I contact Dell Financial Services to find payment and account information or reset my password?
- Our DFS customer service team is ready to assist you; for more information, click here.
Where do I manage my account with Dell?
- It has never been easier to manage your Dell Preferred Account, Dell Business Credit Account or Lease online. Simple enroll in the Online Account Management.
Why have I been charged taxes?
- Dell is required by law to collect sales taxes that apply to your order. Sales taxes vary, depending on where your order is being shipped and on the products that you bought.
How do I take advantage of my tax exempt status?
- If your purchase qualifies for a state sales tax holiday, your invoice will not reflect tax.
- For more information on Sales Tax Form and state sales tax, click here.
What is the Environmental Fee or ECO Fee?
- The State of California passed legislation instituting that a mandatory State Environmental Fee be collected for certain electronic products shipped directly from Dell to California.
- This law, referred to as the Electronic Waste Recycling Act of 2003, requires manufacturers to collect a fee for these electronic devices sold into the State of California, excluding sales to resellers.
Do you need further assistance?