Automated, proactive and predictive support
At Dell, we understand you have more important things to do than troubleshoot issues. This is why we have introduced SupportAssist
, the industry’s first automated proactive and predictive support technology.
SupportAssist proactively checks the health of your system’s hardware and software. When an issue is detected, the necessary system state information is sent to Dell for troubleshooting to begin. Dell will contact you to start the resolution conversation, preventing issues from becoming costly problems.
Customers with Premium Support or Premium Support Plus enjoy the automated issue detection, notification and case creation offered by SupportAssist .
PCs and tablets with ProSupport Plus or Premium Plus service entitlements enjoy the full set of SupportAssist features, including predictive issue detection and failure prevention on batteries, fans, solid state drives and hard drives. SupportAssist
is now preinstalled on most of all new Dell devices running Windows operating system and can be found in the Start
menu under All Programs
in the Dell
or Alienware folder. If it is not preinstalled, please follow the installation instructions below: Managing Personal Devices
Use SupportAssist on all your personal PCs to keep them running at their best. You will receive personalized update recommendations and can request help any time you need it. Managing Business Device
Review the SupportAssist documentation for more details.
IT departments can deploy a common configuration across their organization’s devices and manage SupportAssist alerts within Dell TechDirect for convenient, centralized management. Refer to the Deployment Guide and our YouTube videos for details. Get issues fixed faster with SupportAssist
You will need to download SupportAssist, which includes the SupportAssist agent, in order to begin.
Download SupportAssist with support agent (64-bit Windows)
Download SupportAssist with support agent (32-bit Windows)
Don’t have an IT department at your company? End users can manage alerts from their individual systems. Download SupportAssist
Keep your PC up-to-date
- SupportAssist is the technology that powers your support experience. Designed to help you keep your PC running at its best, SupportAssist:
- Ensures viruses and malware are found and removed
- Keeps PC settings optimized
- Scans the hardware and detects failures
- Identifies hard drive, solid state drive and battery issues before they happen
- This technology proactively checks for issues. No matter what is found, you and Dell are notified. That’s right, you don’t have to call us to get the problem resolved. And that means faster resolution
With Premium Support Plus or ProSupport Plus, you are notified before your hard drive, solid state drive or battery fail, giving you time to safely back-up photos and files and preventing you from ever being without a charge.
SupportAssist will also notify you when new Dell drivers, firmware or BIOS updates are available. SupportAssist helps you even when you can’t get to the OS.
You can download all the updates at once, or select them individually and download them at the moment you prefer.
SupportAssist will install them automatically.
When a critical issue is detected, SupportAssist OS Recovery automatically loads, scans the PC, provides issue details and guides you to create a support request with Dell. Security and Privacy
You are then given the option to access your files for back-up on an external storage device or to restore the Operating System to its factory state.
More information is available in the SupportAssist OS Recovery User's Guide
How To and General information
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (Not available on Linux, Windows RT, Windows 10S, Android, Ubuntu or Chrome based products)
- Processor: 1.33 gigahertz (GHz)
- Memory: 2 Gigabytes (GB)
- Hard disk space: 2 Gigabytes (GB)
- Display: 1024X768 screen resolution, 16-bit mode
- Connectivity: Internet access required
- Administrator rights on system installed
- Network ports: 5700 (For opening the SupportAssist user interface ) and 9012 (For communication with Dell)
Our comprehensive videos offer step by step support and information to resolve your query. Videos are in English. Translated subtitles available for some languages. Check our SupportAssist videos on YouTube. Additional videos can be found in our Video Library.