Automated, proactive and predictive support
At Dell, we understand you have more important things to do than troubleshoot issues. SupportAssist
is the smart technology that keeps your computer running at its best. SupportAssist proactively checks the health of your system’s hardware and software. When an issue is detected, the necessary system state information is sent to Dell for troubleshooting to begin. Dell will contact you to start the resolution conversation, preventing issues from becoming costly problems.
Customers with Premium Support or Premium Support Plus enjoy the automated issue detection, notification, and case creation offered by SupportAssist. ProSupport or Premium Plus service entitlements enjoy the full set of features, including predictive issue detection and failure prevention on batteries, fans, solid state drives, and hard drives.SupportAssist
is preinstalled on most Dell devices running Windows operating system and can be found in the Start menu under All Programs in the Dell or Alienware folder. If it is not preinstalled, you can download SupportAssist below:Managing Personal Devices
Managing Business Device for IT Managers
Welcome to SupportAssist for PCs
Use SupportAssist on all your personal systems to keep them running at their best. You will receive personalized update recommendations and can request help any time you need it.
Review the SupportAssist documentation for more details.
Get issues fixed faster with SupportAssist
Proactive and Predictive SupportAssist for Business PCs
IT Managers configure, deploy and manage SupportAssist within TechDirect for convenient, centralized management. Refer to the Deployment Video, Deployment Guide and our YouTube videos for details.
To deploy SupportAssist without TechDirect
You will need to download SupportAssist, which includes the SupportAssist agent, in order to begin.
Download SupportAssist with support agent (64-bit Windows)
Download SupportAssist with support agent (32-bit Windows)
Keep your PC up-to-date
- SupportAssist is the technology that powers your support experience. Designed to help you keep your PC running at its best, SupportAssist:
- Ensures viruses and malware are found and removed
- Keeps PC settings optimized
- Scans the hardware and detects failures
- Identifies hard drive, solid state drive and battery issues before they happen
- This technology proactively checks for issues. If an issue is found, you and Dell are notified. You do not have to call us to get the problem resolved. And that means faster resolution
With Premium Support Plus or ProSupport Plus, you are notified before your hard drive, solid state drive or battery fails. This gives you time to safely back-up photos and files and preventing you from ever being without a charge.
SupportAssist will also notify you when new Dell drivers, firmware or BIOS updates are available. SupportAssist helps you even when you can’t get to the OS.
You can download all the updates at once, or select them individually and download them at the moment you prefer.
SupportAssist will install them automatically.
When a critical issue is detected, SupportAssist OS Recovery automatically loads, scans the PC, provides issue details and guides you to create a support request with Dell. Security and Privacy
You are then given the option to access your files for back-up on an external storage device or to restore the Operating System to its factory state.
More information is available in the SupportAssist OS Recovery User's Guide
How To and General information
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and selected Dell Chrome OS products (Not available on Linux, Windows RT, Windows 10S, Android)
- Processor: 1.33 gigahertz (GHz)
- Memory: 2 Gigabytes (GB)
- Hard disk space: 2 Gigabytes (GB)
- Display: 1024X768 screen resolution, 16-bit mode
- Connectivity: Internet access required
- Administrator rights on system installed
- Network ports: 5700 (For opening the SupportAssist user interface ) and 9012 (For communication with Dell)
Our comprehensive videos offer step by step support and information to resolve your query. Videos are in English. Translated subtitles available for some languages. Check our SupportAssist videos on YouTube. Additional videos can be found in our Video Library.