Updating the BIOS from Windows
Note 1: Before updating the BIOS, ensure that you suspend BitLocker encryption on a BitLocker-enabled system. If it is not enabled on your system, you can ignore this step. For information about how to disable BitLocker, see How to Enable or Disable BitLocker with TPM in Windows at support.dell.com.
Note 2: Do not turn off the power or interrupt the BIOS update process during the update.
Download and Installation
1. Click Download File, to download the file.
2. Click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
3. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the file.
4. Click Yes to open the BIOS update utility.
5. Click Update to initiate the update process. A progress bar is displayed.
6. Click Restart to restart the system once the progress bar reaches 100%.
The update process initiates at the Dell logo and an update initiation message is displayed with a progress bar. After the update finishes, the system automatically restarts.