You are advised to back up the data in the system and close all open applications. It is also recommended to connect the power cable if it is not a desktop and disconnect all external storage devices.
Firmware upgrade through the Windows utility
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When download is complete, run Toshiba KXG50ZNV256G_KXG50ZNV512G_KXG50ZNV1T02 MFW44_ZPE.exe to unzip this file.
3. Select Continue and take note of the unzip location.
1. Go to the folder where you have unzipped the package.
2. Right-click on the file that is named XG5-AADA4106-64bit.exe and select Run as administrator to run the file with administrator privilege.
3. Review the License Agreement. If you agree with it, click I ACCEPT and then click Next >.
Tips: You can save End User License Agreement (EULA) by clicking Save EULA as Text.
4. The Welcome window is displayed with a warning message at the bottom. Read the warning message carefully and click Next > to continue.
5. A window is displayed where you can select the solid-state drive (SSD) to be updated. You can select only those SSDs that are targeted for this update on the FW Update Tool.
6. Check the box next to applicable SSDs to target. Click Next > to continue.
7. Before You Begin window is displayed at this stage. Read the instructions carefully. If complied, check the box for Yes, I did and click Next > to continue.
8. Firmware update operation is initiated automatically. Once the update completion message is displayed, click Shutdown to shut down the system.
9. Since the shutdown is initiated through FW update utility, below warning message is displayed before it shuts down.
If your system has unsaved data, save everything and close all applications respectively.
If the system does not shut down automatically, shut it down manually.
New firmware is applied when you power on the system. To confirm whether the firmware update was successful, repeat the upgrade procedure steps from 1 to 5. Present firmware version is displayed against Current Firmware.