Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from the power source while updating the BIOS as this could harm your computer. During the update, your computer will restart and you may briefly see a black screen.
Before updating, please read the installation instructions and important information noted below.
Dell Inspiron 7386, 7586, and 7786 System BIOSRestart required
This is the latest Dell validated version of this driver
This is not the latest Dell validated version of this driverInspiron_7386_7586_7786_1.5.0.exe
Fixes & Enhancements
- Firmware updates to address security advisories INTEL-SA-00233(CVE-2018-12126,CVE-2018-12127,CVE-2018-12130 and CVE-2019-11091).
- Firmware updates to address security advisory INTEL-SA-00213 (CVE-2019-0090, CVE-2019-0086, CVE-2019-0091, CVE-2019-0093 and CVE-2019-0098).
- Fixed the issue that occurs during BIOS update when the system has Windows October 2018 Update in Chinese along with an account name in Chinese character.
- Fixed the issue where the thermal management mode cannot be changed in Dell Power Manager application.
- Fixed the issue where the battery power reduces due to heavy load in low temperature.
- Removed the pre-boot Intel RST Manager Optimized Defaults option.
- Supports BIOS Recovery from drives with Intel Optane Memory H10.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.
Note 1: Before updating the BIOS, ensure that you suspend BitLocker encryption on a BitLocker-enabled system. If BitLocker is not enabled on your system, you can ignore this step.
Note 2: Do not turn off the power or interrupt the BIOS update process during the update.
Download and Installation
1. Click Download File, to download the file.
2. Click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
3. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
The system restarts automatically and updates the BIOS at the system startup screen. After the BIOS update is complete, system restarts again.