Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from the power source while updating the BIOS as this could harm your computer. During the update, your computer will restart and you may briefly see a black screen.
Before updating, please read the installation instructions and important information noted below.
Dell Latitude C800 System BIOS, A10
Find the best download for your systemPlease enter your product details to view the latest driver information for your system
Driver unavailableWe're sorry, the driver you are looking for is no longer available. Please enter your product details to view the latest driver information for your system.
Enter your Dell Service Tag or model
Want to look up your product? Enter a product identifier. Show me how
This driver is not applicable for the selected product. Choose another product to re-enter your product details for this driver or visit the Product Support page to view all drivers for a different product.
Fixes & Enhancements
1. Fixed issue in which some batteries may charge slowly.
1. Added support for new revisions of Pentium processors.
2. In dual battery configurations, added an enhancement to charge the Primary battery first.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.
CAUTION: One of two error conditions may be encountered when attempting to upgrade the Dell Latitude C800 BIOS without using the Dell BIOS Upgrade Disk image.
1. "Program too big to fit in memory" This occurs when using the c800_[version].exe flash program in conjunction with DOS versions newer than 6.22.
2. "Error! Make sure the file c800_[version].exe is in the current device A:" This error occurs when using the upgrade.exe program to launch the BIOS flash program in conjunction with DOS versions newer than 6.22.
Both error messages occur because not enough free RAM exists in DOS versions newer than 6.22 for the programs to successfully execute. To avoid these error messages use the Dell BIOS Upgrade Disk to flash the system.