Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from the power source while updating the BIOS as this could harm your computer. During the update, your computer will restart and you may briefly see a black screen.
Before updating, please read the installation instructions and important information noted below.
Dell Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme 7414/5414 and Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme 7214 System BIOSRestart required
Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed the TPM startup error on TPM configuration during S3 sleep resume.
- Fixed a potential issue where system stops responding when an incorrectly formatted password is entered in the BIOS Security Manager (BIOS preboot password) screen.
- Added BIOS Password Feature: Password Lockout.
- Added PPI Bypass option in TPM for Clear Command support.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window is displayed, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
3. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
The system automatically restarts and updates BIOS during the system startup screen. After BIOS update is complete, the system reboots again.
Updating the BIOS from the BIOS Boot Menu (independent of operating system)
Ensure that you suspend BitLocker encryption before updating BIOS on a BitLocker-enabled system. If BitLocker is not enabled on your system, you can ignore this step.
1. Copy the downloaded file to a USB drive. The USB drive does not need to be bootable device.
2. Insert the USB drive into any USB port.
3. Power on the system.
4. At the DELL logo screen, press F12 to access the one-time boot menu.
5. Select BIOS Flash Update in the Other Options section.
6. Click the ... button to browse the USB drive to locate the downloaded file.
7. Select the file and click Ok.
8. Confirm the Existing System BIOS Information and the BIOS Update Information are as expected.
9. Click Begin Flash Update.
10. Review the Warning message and click Yes to proceed with the update.
The system restarts and displays a Flash Progress bar on the Dell logo screen as the BIOS update is being performed. The system restarts again when the Flash update is complete.