Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from the power source while updating the BIOS as this could harm your computer. During the update, your computer will restart and you may briefly see a black screen.
Before updating, please read the installation instructions and important information noted below.
Dell Latitude 14 Rugged Extreme 7414/5414 and Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme 7214 System BIOSRestart required
Fixes & Enhancements
- For ME9.x-11.x with vPro supported platforms:
Updated Intel ME Firmware to address security advisories INTEL-SA-00112 (CVE-2018-3628 CVE-2018-3629 CVE-2018-3632 ) & INTEL-SA-00118(CVE-2018-3627)
- For ME11.x with non-vPro supported platforms: (CSMB and BC non-vPro supported platforms)
Updated Intel ME Firmware to address security advisory INTEL-SA-00118(CVE-2018-3627)
- Updated CPU microcode to address security advisory Intel Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00115 (CVE-2018-3639 & CVE-2018-3640)
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download Window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
Run the BIOS update utility from a Windows environment
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Windows will auto restart and update the BIOS at the system startup screen.
3. After the BIOS update is complete, the system will auto reboot to take effect.
Perform the BIOS update from the BIOS Boot Menu, independent of the installed operating system
1. Copy the downloaded file to a USB flash device. The flash device does not need to be bootable.
2. Insert the USB flash device into any USB port.
3. Power on the system.
4. At the Dell logo screen, press F12 to access the one-time boot menu.
5. Select "BIOS Flash Update" in the "Other Options" section.
6. Click on the "..." button to browse the USB flash device to locate the downloaded file.
7. Select the file and click "Ok"
8. Confirm the Existing System BIOS Information and the BIOS Update Information are as expected.
9. Click "Begin Flash Update"
10. Review the warning message and click "Yes" to proceed with the update.
11. The system should restart and show a Flash Progress bar on the Dell logo screen as the BIOS update is being performed.
12. The system will restart once again when the Flash update is complete.
Note: If BitLocker is enabled on your system, please suspend BitLocker encryption before updating the system BIOS.