Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from the power source while updating the BIOS as this could harm your computer. During the update, your computer will restart and you may briefly see a black screen.
Before updating, please read the installation instructions and important information noted below.
Dell XPS M1730 System BIOS, A11AUTO INSTALLED This file was automatically installed as part of a recent update. If you are experiencing any issues, you can manually download and reinstall.
Find the best download for your systemPlease enter your product details to view the latest driver information for your system
Enter your Dell Service Tag or model
Want to look up your product? Enter a product identifier. Show me how
This driver is not applicable for the selected product. Choose another product to re-enter your product details for this driver or visit the Product Support page to view all drivers for a different product.
Find more updates. Use SupportAssist to find all the latest driver updates for your device.
Fixes & Enhancements
1. Added new thermal fan tables for Graphic card.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.
- Download file to Desktop
- Use one of the methods below to flash the Bios.
- Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
- Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
Download file to Desktop
The file MXG7A11.EXE is using the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
- Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
- Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
- Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
- Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
- If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
- Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled MXG7A11.EXE.
The Dell BIOS Flash window appears
- Click the Continue button.
The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
- Click the OK button.
The system will restart and the BIOS Flash will be completed.
Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
NOTE: You will need to provide a bootable DOS diskette. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
- Copy the file MXG7A11.EXE to a bootable floppy.
- Boot from the floppy to the DOS prompt.
- Run the file by typing Y:\MXG7A11.EXE (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).