Warning: Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from your power source while updating the BIOS or you may harm your computer. During the update, your computer will restart and you will briefly see a black screen.
Before updating the BIOS, please suspend BitLocker encryption. If it is not enabled on your system, you can skip this step. Learn more
Dell XPS 15 9550 System BIOS
This package contains the Dell system BIOS update. BIOS is a firmware that is embedded on a small memory chip on the system board. It controls the keyboard, monitor, disk drives, and other devices. This update addresses the Intel Security Advisories INTEL-SA-00241, INTEL-SA-00260, INTEL-SA-00254, INTEL-SA-00219, INTEL-SA-00220, and INTEL-SA-00270. A security advisory is a statement when a product is impacted by a security vulnerability and a remedy is available.
Get the latest driver
An updated version of this driver may be available.
This driver is up-to-date
The driver information is up-to-date. To view all drivers for your XPS 15 9550, go to Drivers & Downloads.
Fixes & Enhancements
- Firmware updates to address security advisory INTEL-SA-00241 (CVE-2019-0169, CVE-2019-11088, CVE-2019-11104, CVE-2019-0131, CVE-2019-11090, CVE-2019-0166, CVE-2019-0168, CVE-2019-11087, CVE-2019-11101, CVE-2019-11100, CVE-2019-11106, CVE-2019-11132, CVE-2019-11131, and CVE-2019-11147)
- Firmware updates to address Intel security advisories INTEL-SA-00260 (CVE-2019-0154) and INTEL-SA-00254 (CVE-2019-0185).
- Fixed a BIOS Setup configuration issue that occurs after clearing the CMOS.
- Fixed the issue where the force PreBoot Execution Environment (PXE) on next boot feature does not work with USB network card.
- Firmware updates to address Intel security advisories INTEL-SA-00219 (CVE-2019-0117), INTEL-SA-00220 (CVE-2019-0123), and INTEL-SA-00270 (CVE-2019-11135).
- Added an enhancement to extend the BIOS password configuration measurements into the TPM.
- Added a new feature to automatically suspend BitLocker before upgrading the firmware. After the firmware upgrade is complete, BitLocker is automatically enabled.
Version 1.13.1, 1.13.1