Dell OpenManage Essentials is a 'one to many' console used to monitor Dell Enterprise hardware.
It can discover, inventory, and monitor the health of Dell Servers, Storage, and network devices.
Essentials can also update the drivers and BIOS of your Dell PowerEdge Servers and allow you to
run remote tasks. OME can increase system uptime, automate repetitive tasks, and prevent
interruption in critical business operations
Fixes & Enhancements
- Reorganization of links on the Settings portal.
- Grouping of reports on the Reports portal.
- Availability of response action messages for incoming alerts.
- Addition of a button that opens the context-sensitive menu in the device tree nodes and other portals that support the tree-view format.
- Ability to open the device details using the context-menu of an alert.
- Create Compute pool and add bare metal servers
- Create pool for virtual identities
- Assign the virtual IO pool to compute pool
- Assign the template to the compute pool
- Deploy on other servers in 1 to many fashion
- Ability to preview the attributes of a device configuration template that will not be applied successfully
Chassis Auto Discovery
- Ability to automatically discover the blade servers and switches in a chassis while discovering the chassis using the Guided Wizard
Enhanced OEM server support
- Added support for deploying Dell OEM servers and managing the configuration baseline.
System Updates Enhancements
- Availability of the system update task wizard that allows you to select non-compliant systems and the applicable update packages.
- Ability to update the inventory collector component through the Extensions portal
- Ability to select systems running OMSA as targets for the firmware and driver inventory task.
- Ability to automatically purge downloaded packages based on your preference.
Popup notification Enhancement
- Pop-up notifications to indicate the completion of a task.
- Availability of processor information and iDRAC performance reports
Version 2.1.0, A00