Dell Update Package Instructions for DRVR_WIN_R126742.EXE:
1. Click the "Download Now" link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read over the release information presented in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Install any necessary Embedded Systems Management firmware prior to this BIOS update.
5. Click the Install button.
6. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
Instructions for R126742.EXE
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package
2. Click Continue.
3. Specify the location to unzip the files.
4. Click on the OK button to extract files.
After the files are extracted the message all files were successfully unzipped will appear.
5. Click the OK button to exit from the installer.
A. New OS Installation
1. Unzip files to a blank floppy disk --
2. Start installing OS.
3. Press F6 when a message appears requesting you to press F6 if you need to install third party SCSI or RAID drivers.
4. When the Windows Setup window is displayed, Press S to specify additional device(s).
5. Insert the driver diskette and press ENTER.
6. The Windows Setup screen displays a message indicating that Setup will load support for the requested storage devices.
7. If there are any additional devices to be installed, specify them now by pressing S and providing the driver diskettes for them as prompted.
8. When all devices are specified, continue to the next step by pressing ENTER.
B. Driver Update Installation:
1. Open "Device Manager".
2. Open "SCSI and RAID Contollers".
3. Select "Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID Controller" .
4. Select the "Driver" tab.
5. Click on "Update Driver".
6. If asked whether to allow Windows to connect to Windows Update, choose "No, not this time" and click "Next". Otherwise, skip to next step.
7. Choose "Install from a list of specific location (Advanced)", and click "Next".
8. Check "Include this location in the search:".
9. Enter the locations (hard drive or floppy) where you saved extracted files and click "Next".
10. Click "Finish".
11. If prompted to reboot to complete update, do so.
1. If using the CERC SATA 1.5/2s to create 2 single disk volumes, when formatting both disks, Dell strongly advises against attempting to delete one of the disk volumes. This could result in a system lock up and require the user to reboot the system to recover