NOTE: I/O to the array can continue while you are upgrading RAID controller and NVSRAM firmware.
NOTE: It is recommended that the firmware and NVSRAM be upgraded during a maintenance period when the array is not being used for I/O.
NOTE: The RAID enclosure must contain at least two disk drives in order to update the firmware on the controller.
To download RAID controller and NVSRAM firmware in a single operation:
1. If you are using the EMW, go to step 9. If you are using the AMW, go to step 2.
2. In the AMW, select Upgrade>RAID Controller Module Firmware>Upgrade.
The Download RAID Controller Module Firmware is displayed.
NOTE: The RAID Controller Module Firmware area and the NVSRAM area list the current firmware and the current NVSRAM versions respectively.
3. To locate the directory in which the file to download resides, click Select File next to the Selected
RAID controller module firmware file text box.
4. In the File Selection area, select the file to download. By default, only the downloadable files that are compatible with the current storage array configuration are displayed.
When you select a file in the File Selection area of the dialog, applicable attributes (if any) of the file are displayed in the File Information area. The attributes indicate the version of the file.
5. If you want to download an NVSRAM file with the firmware:
a) Select Transfer NVSRAM file with RAID controller module firmware.
b) Click Select File.
6. To transfer the files to the RAID controller module without activating them, click Transfer files but
don't activate them (activate later).
7. Click Transfer.
Keep these guidelines in mind: If the Transfer button is inactive, ensure that you either select an NVSRAM file or clear the Transfer NVSRAM file with RAID controller module firmware check box.
8. In the Confirm Download dialog, click Yes. The download starts.
9. If you are using the EMW, perform one of these actions: Select Tools>Upgrade RAID Controller Module Firmware. Select the Setup tab, and click Upgrade RAID Controller Module Firmware.
10. In the Storage array pane, select the storage array for which you want to upgrade the RAID controller module firmware or the NVSRAM. You can select more than one storage array.
NOTE: The Details pane shows the details of only one storage array at a time. If you select more than one storage array in the Storage Array pane, the details of the storage arrays are not shown in the Details pane.
11. Click Firmware in the Download area. If you select a storage array that cannot be upgraded, the Firmware button is disabled. The Download Firmware dialog is displayed. The current firmware version and the NVSRAM version of the selected storage arrays appear. Click OK to close the dialog and select the storage arrays with similar RAID controller module types.
12. To locate the directory in which the file to download resides, click Browse in the Select files area. The Select File dialog is displayed.
13. Select the file to download.
14. Click OK.
15. If you want to download the NVSRAM file with the RAID controller module firmware, select Download NVSRAM file with firmware in the Select files area. Any attributes of the firmware file are displayed in the Firmware file information area. The attributes indicate the version of the firmware file. Any attributes of the NVSRAM file are displayed in the NVSRAM file information area. The attributes indicate the version of the NVSRAM file.
16. If you want to download the file and activate the firmware and NVSRAM later, select the Transfer files but do not activate them (activate later) check box.
17. Click OK. The Confirm Download dialog is displayed.
18. Click Yes.
The download starts and a progress indicator is displayed in the Status column of the Upgrade RAID Controller Module Firmware window.