Warning: Do not turn off your computer or disconnect from your power source while updating the BIOS or you may harm your computer. During the update, your computer will restart and you will briefly see a black screen.
Dell Precision 5540 System BIOS
This package contains the Dell system BIOS update. BIOS is a firmware that is embedded on a small memory chip on the system board. It controls the keyboard, monitor, disk drives, and other devices. This update addresses the Intel Security Advisories INTEL-SA-00241, INTEL-SA-00220, INTEL-SA-00260, INTEL-SA-00254, INTEL-SA-00219, INTEL-SA-00270, INTEL-SA-00240, and INTEL-SA-00164. A security advisory is a statement when a product is impacted by a security vulnerability and a remedy is available.
Get the latest driver
An updated version of this driver may be available.
This driver is up-to-date
The driver information is up-to-date. To view all drivers for your Precision 5540, go to Drivers & Downloads.
Fixes & Enhancements
- Firmware updates to address security advisory INTEL-SA-00241 (CVE-2019-0169, CVE-2019-11105, CVE-2019-11104, CVE-2019-11103, CVE-2019-11090, CVE-2019-0165, CVE-2019-0168, CVE-2019-11087, CVE-2019-11101, CVE-2019-11106, CVE-2019-11108, CVE-2019-11147, CVE-2019-11088, CVE-2019-0131, CVE-2019-0166, CVE-2019-11100, CVE-2019-11107, CVE-2019-11086, CVE-2019-11132, and CVE-2019-11131).
- Firmware updates to address Intel security advisories INTEL-SA-00220 (CVE-2019-0124), INTEL-SA-00260 (CVE-2019-0154), and INTEL-SA-00254 (CVE-2019-0185).
- Firmware updates to address Intel security advisories INTEL-SA-00219 (CVE-2019-0117), INTEL-SA-00220 (CVE-2019-0123), and INTEL-SA-00270 (CVE-2019-11135).
- Firmware updates to address Intel security advisories INTEL-SA-00240 (CVE-2019-0151) and INTEL-SA-00164 (CVE-2019-0184).
- Fixed a BIOS Setup configuration issue that occurs after clearing the CMOS.
- Fixed an issue with preboot TPM detection and error logging.
- Removed the IpSec driver and application.
- Fixed the issue where the BitLocker prompts for recovery. It occurs when Auto Power On option in BIOS setup is set to wake up the system at a specific time.
- Fixed the issue where the system cannot be charged while connecting to a USB Type-C adapter.
- Updated the Dell Firmware Update Utility.
- Added a new feature to automatically suspend BitLocker before upgrading the firmware. After the firmware upgrade is complete, BitLocker is automatically enabled.
- Added an enhancement to extend the BIOS password configuration measurements into the TPM.
- Modified battery algorithm to prolong lifespan and minimize risk of swelling.
Version 1.4.0, 1.4.0