Download the file to Desktop
The file Precision_5530_X.Y.Z.exe is using the Universal (Windows/DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
1. Click Download now. The File Download window is displayed.
2. Click the Save button. The Save As window is displayed.
3. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4. Click the Save button. A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5. If necessary, click X in the upper right corner of the Download Progress window to close it upon completion.
Note: Shut down all other applications before running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system for loading the new BIOS.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
1. Double-click the Icon on your desktop labeled Precision_5530_X.Y.Z.exe and the Dell BIOS Flash window is displayed.
2. Click the Continue button. A message that states Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS and then reboot is displayed.
3. Click the OK button. The system restarts to complete the update process.
Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
Note: You must provide a bootable DOS diskette. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
1. Copy the file Precision_5530_X.Y.Z.exe to a bootable USB drive.
2. Boot from the USB drive to the DOS prompt.
3. Run the file by typing A:\ Precision_5530_X.Y.Z.exe (where A is the drive letter where the executable file is located).