BIOS Update Executable for Windows/OS independent
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Windows System will auto restart and update BIOS while system startup screen.
3. After BIOS update finished, system will auto reboot to take effect.
Perform the BIOS update from the BIOS Boot Menu, independent of operating system.
1. Copy the downloaded file to a USB flash device. It does not need to be bootable.
2. Insert the USB flash device into any USB port.
3. Power on the system.
4. At the DELL logo screen, press F12 to access the one time boot menu.
5. Select "BIOS Flash Update" in the "Other Options" section.
6. Click on the "..." button to browse the USB flash device to locate the downloaded file.
7. Select the file and click "Ok"
8. Confirm the Existing System BIOS Information and the BIOS Update Information are as expected.
9. Click "Begin Flash Update"
10.Reviewing the Warning message and click "Yes" to proceed with the update.
11.The system should restart and show a Flash Progress bar on the Dell logo screen as the BIOS update is being performed.
12.The system will restart once again when the Flash update is complete.
Note 1: Please make sure you suspend BitLocker encryption before updating BIOS on a BitLocker enabled system.
If you don't enable BitLocker on your system you can ignore it