SupportAssist Enterprise can monitor hardware issues that occur in Dell EMC server and Dell EMC networking devices. For Dell EMC storage devices, SupportAssist Enterprise can only collect and send system information.
Install Instructions - External:
To install SupportAssist on a Linux operating system:
1. Open the terminal window on the system running the Linux operating system.
2. Browse to the folder where the SupportAssist Enterprise installation package is available.
3. Perform one of the following:
Type chmod 744 SupportAssistEnterprise_1.x.x.bin and press Enter.
Type chmod +x SupportAssistEnterprise_1.x.x.bin and press Enter.
4. Type ./SupportAssistEnterprise_1.x.x.bin and press Enter.
The Welcome to the SupportAssist Enterprise Installer message is displayed.
5. To continue, type c.
The SupportAssist Enterprise License Agreement is displayed.
6. Read the license agreement and type y to start the installation.
If the default SupportAssist Enterprise ports (9099 and 2424) are already in use, you are prompted to ensure that the ports are not in use or to enter custom port numbers. Else, the SupportAssist Enterprise login page opens in a web browser window.
7. If you are prompted that the default SupportAssist Enterprise ports are in use, perform one of the following and then press y.
Ensure that no other application is configured to use ports 9099 and 2424.
Enter custom port numbers
8. The SupportAssist Enterprise login page opens in a web browser window if UI and browser exists in that linux machine else need to access login page remotely.
Log in to a remote system and access the following web address by using a web browser:
9. Type the user name and password of a user with root privileges on the system where SupportAssist Enterprise is installed, and then click Login.
The SupportAssist Enterprise Registration Wizard is displayed.