Custom Instructions for A02_ikvm_1007_fw.exe:
UPDATING THE FIRMWARE USING THE CMC WEB-BASED USER INTERFACE
1. Extract the "ikvm.bin" file from the firmware update package and
copy the file to a local or shared network directory.
2. Open a CMC supported Web browser and log on to the CMC Web
3. Click Chassis in the system tree.
4. Click the Update tab. The Updatable Components page displays.
5. Click iKVM. The Firmware Update page displays.
6. In the Value field, type the path on your management station or
shared network where the firmware image file resides, or click
Browse to navigate to the file location.
NOTE: The default iKVM firmware image name is "ikvm.bin"; however, you
can rename the iKVM firmware image.
7. Click Update. A dialog box appears asking you to confirm the
8. Click Yes to continue.
NOTE: The update may take up to a minute.
When the update is complete, iKVM resets.
UPDATING THE FIRMWARE USING THE COMMAND LINE INTERFACE (CLI)
1. Extract the "ikvm.bin" file from the firmware update
package and copy the file to a TFTP server root directory.
2. Log on to the CMC Telnet/SSH interface.
3. From the Telnet/SSH interface, issue the "racadm fwupdate"
racadm fwupdate -gu -a 192.168.1.1 -d ikvm.bin -m kvm
NOTE: The TFTP download and firmware update process may take
several minutes to complete.
NOTE: The IP address specified above is to the TFTP server where the firmware binary is located.
After the update completes, the iKVM resets.
Custom Instructions for A02_ikvm_1007_readme.txt:
Instructions for A02_ikvm_1007_readme.txt:
1) Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
2) Click the Save button.
TheSave As window appears.
3) Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4) Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5) If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
6) Double click the Icon on your desktop for the newly saved file.