Article Summary: How to Login as Administrator in FX170 system.
- Administrator Login
- Administrator Account Privileges
"User Account" - By default, there is no password required for this account.
By default, the "User" account is automatically logged in.
To bypass this:
- Hold < SHIFT > during the FX170 boot
- Hold < SHIFT > while clicking "Log Off" under the "Start" button option.
Note: The default password for the "Administrator" account is Administrator (case sensitive).
Logging into the "Administrator" account should be very similar to the "User" account, with some additional icons on the desktop. Unlike the "User" account(s), the "Administrator" account can:
- Install and uninstall hardware and software.
- Create and delete user accounts on the terminal.
- Create account passwords for user accounts on the terminal.
- Change user accounts' names, picture, and password.
- Change user's "account type" to administrator account.
Note: The "Administrator
" account cannot change his or her own account type to a limited "User
" account type unless there is at least one other account with administrator-privileges on the computer. This ensures that there is always at least one user with a computer "Administrator
" account on the computer.