Article Number: 000178725
This article provides information on how to use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to install Microsoft Office ISO's.
An ISO file is an image of a CD/DVD, with all the files on the CD/DVD compressed into one single file. Windows isn't able to open and read this file type natively. You would need an additional application to either read and extract the file, or to burn it directly to a CD/DVD to be accessed from the disc.
You may experience issues when installing ISO files, for instance when installing Microsoft's Office 2013 OEM version , or when installing an ISO file from MSDN or TechNet. The Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool provides a quick and easy way to download the ISO file and install it directly from your system.
While the tool was written specifically to work with Windows 7 ISO files from Microsoft, you can also use the tool to install the Office 2013 ISO files by following the steps below:
1. Download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool from the Microsoft Store:
2. You will see the following icon on your desktop when the download is complete:
3. Insert a USB flash drive (4GB or larger) into a USB port on your system.
4. Go to Start, click on Computer, and right-click the icon for that flash drive. Then select Format and choose Quick Format from the Format options:
5. Be aware that formatting the flash drive will erase all data on the drive. Click OK to accept the warning that appears to proceed with the format:
6. Then click on Browse and go to the location of the ISO file. Click Next :
7. On the screen to Choose Media Type, select USB device:
8. Then use the dropdown menu to choose your formatted USB flash drive and press Begin copying:
9. You will now see it copying the ISO file over, which may take a few minutes:
10. Bootable USB device created successfully will appear when the process completes. We will not be booting to the drive to install Office from the ISO. Instead, go to Start>Computer and browse to the USB flash drive. The orange Office logo will be the new icon for this USB flash drive:
11. Once in the USB flash drive folder click the setup application (which also has the Office icon). The Office 2013 install will now begin:
21 Feb 2021