Article Number: 000136390
You might come across a problem when the keyboard layout is set to "English US International". Problems with the right ALT key in Windows and the US-International keyboard layout include:
· Pressing ALT does not highlight the first menu on the menu bar.
· Pressing ALT+SPACEBAR does not open the Control menu.
· Press ALT+F4 does not bring up the Exit Windows dialog box.
· Pressing ALT+ESC brings up the Task List instead of cycling through the open application windows and icons.
· Pressing ALT+ENTER (in 386 enhanced modes only) switches an MS-DOS application between full screen and a window but does not switch the application from a window to full screen. Also, after you press the right ALT key and then press ENTER, the left ALT key and ENTER do not work.
If the US-International keyboard layout is used, the left ALT key functions normally and can be used for Windows commands.
The Right Alt key with combination of any other key will work perfectly fine.
21 Feb 2021