The intent of this EMC knowledgebase article to is provide high-level instructions detailing how to configure XtremIO with ESRS Virtual Edition (ESRS VE) software for Call Home Notifications (call-home and connect-in).
The XtremIO Site Preparation Guide covers the pre-conditions for configuring the ESRS-VE Call Home Notifications configuration with XtremIO.
This knowledgebase article can be referenced and utilized if an ESRS-VE Gatway machine needs to be connected to XtremIO.
Perform the following to configure an XtremIO Management Server (XMS) with connectivity to a customer's ESRS Virtual Edition (ESRS VE) gateway:
Note: XtremIO XMS 6.0.1 (or later) provides support for ESRS VE RESTful API calls.
Ensure you have read the following documentation assets prior to performing the Implementation Procedure outlined below:
Ensure you have the following information available prior to performing the Implementation Procedure outlined below:
- EMC XtremIO Storage Array Site Preparation Guide corresponding to the customer's active version of XtremIO.
- EMC Secure Remote Services Release Installation and Operations Guide corresponding to the customer's active version of ESRS VE software.
Implementation procedure overview:
- Confirmation of an operational ESRS VE Gateway and its assigned IP address on the customer's network.
- Confirmation of uni-directional port between the XMS and ESRS VE Gateway for the following ports: 22 (SSH)
- Confirmation of bi-directional port between the XMS and ESRS VE Gateway for the following ports: 443 (HTTP) and 9443 (HTTPS)
The procedure to implement Call Home Notifications with an ESRS-VE GW machine should be executed by EMC Global Tech Support. To proceed, review this article and contact EMC Global Tech Support when ready to execute this procedure on the XMS.