iDRAC9 SupportAssist utility can create a SupportAssist collection, also known as Technical Support Report (TSR). iDRAC provides an application interface for gathering platform information that enables support services to resolve platform problems. iDRAC generates a SupportAssist collection of the system and then saves the collection locally, on the network, or optionally sends the zip file to Dell EMC Support.
Generate a SupportAssist collection
Step by step procedures
- Log in to the iDRAC GUI. (Fig.1)
Fig. 1: iDRAC9 GUI
- Click Maintenance → SupportAssist. (Fig. 1).
If the server is not registered for SupportAssist, the SupportAssist Registration wizard
is displayed. Registeration is optional. If registration is not wanted click on Cancel
→ Cancel Registration
. Registration must be completed to automatically send the collection to Dell EMC Support. Learn more
- Click Start a Collection (Fig. 1).
- Select the data sets to include in the collection. Optionally, proceed with the default selection.
- Collection Preferences: Select datasets that should be filtered for Personally Identifiable Information. (Fig. 2).
Fig. 2: Collection Preferences
- Select the destination where Collection must be saved.
- Click Collect to proceed with Collection generation.
- Accept the End User Level Agreement (EULA) to continue the process.
Access iDRAC9 documentation
, by selecting the installed firmware version and then documentation.