Article Number: 000138371
Network connectivity issues
1. Ensure the Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers are current.
2. Ensure the NIC firmware is current.
3. Ensure the NIC drivers and firmware match. NIC vendors often release drivers and firmware together and require they are updated at the same time to resolve known issues.
4. Ensure the network switch firmware is current.
5. Event ID 2012 Source srv are often times normal and can safely be ignored. Refer to the Additional Information section of this article for further details.
6. Disable TCP/IP Offload Engine (TOE) in the NIC vendor software.
7. Disable Receive Side Scaling (RSS) in the NIC vendor software.
8. Disable Large Send Offload (LSO) in the NIC vendor software.
9. Disable the following using an elevated Command Prompt.
a. Press the Windows Logo+R, type runas /user:firstname.lastname@example.org cmd where domain.local is replaced by the name of the Active Directory domain or local server name and press Enter. The same task can be accomplished using the Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.
b. Type the Administrator account password when prompted and press Enter.
c. Type netsh int tcp set global rss=disabled and press Enter.
d. Type netsh int tcp set global netdma=disabled and press Enter.
e. Type netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled and press Enter.
f. Type netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled and press Enter.
g. Type netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=none and press Enter.
h. Reboot the server.
This information applies to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
Event ID 2012 Source srv can occur for many reasons some of which are completely normal. Some examples of normal conditions are below.
Event ID 2012 is logged in the System event log.
Log Name: System
Date: 12.08.2013 11:23:04
Event ID: 2012
Task Category: None
While transmitting or receiving data, the server encountered a network error. Occasional errors are expected, but large amounts of these indicate a possible error in your network configuration. The error status code is contained within the returned data (formatted as Words) and may point you towards the problem.
05 Oct 2021