Note: Available Power Plans:
Balanced: This is the most commonly used setting for users will provide a middle ground of higher performance settings and power saving.
Power Saver: Reduced settings, for example, screen brightness to decrease battery consumption.
High Performance: Maximizes settings for components and performance including screen brightness. Increases the power consumption of the computer which in turn will decrease the available on battery.
Windows 8 / 8.1
- From the metro screen, start typing in power you will see the search box appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Under the search box, you will see that the options for Settings click the icon.
- Then select Power Options
- You will then see the different options for power plans, click the down arrow beside Show additional plans.
- You will then see an additional option for High Performance
- Select this option.
To maximize performance while on battery, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click System and Security, then Power Options.
- Under Select a power plan page, select Show additional plans, then select High Performance.
Note: Why cannot I change my power settings? - Check you have administrator rights to make changes to your computers settings. If you are using a company built computer these options may have been limited or made unavailable. The same applies if you are remotely logged into a computer.
Back to Top
Browse the Dell Community Forums to find out what others in the Dell user community are saying. The Dell Community Forums provide a place for Dell users to discuss support topics, to learn, and to help each other. Use the message boards to post questions and answers.
Back to Top