If you are using the Intel WiDi Technology to wirelessly display content on your HDTV from your laptop, you may get an Intel My WiFi Technology Adapter is disabled message. Try these options to restore content streaming.
Scan for available adapters
Ensure your Intel WIDI adapter To get started screen is displayed on your TV screen.
- If your laptop has an Intel Wireless Display button, press it.
- If not, use the Start menu to open the Intel Wireless Display utility:
- Click Start.
- In the search box, type Intel Wireless Display and press Enter.
- In the search results, click Intel Wireless Display.
- If prompted, read and agree to the license agreement.
- If the Display utility does not automatically begin searching for adapters, click the Scan for available adapters button.
- When the scan is complete, any adapters in range will be displayed in the Detected adapters section.
- It may be necessary to scan multiple times.
Verify your adapter appears in Device Manager
- Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Device Manager.
- Click the Plus Sign (+) next to Network Adapters.
- Right-click the wireless adapters and, if disabled, click Enable.