920 921 922 923 924 925, fuser error on lcd panel 5210n , 5310n, printers
- Perform a power on reset of the printer.
- Turn the printer off.
- Disconnect the power and data cables from the printer.
- Wait at least five seconds.
- Reconnect the power and data cables of the printer.
- Turn the printer on.
- Ensure that the correct power requirements for laser printer are met.
- Always review the Owner's Manual of the Laser printer to determine the maximum wattage of the printer while printing.
- Always try to plug the laser printer directly to a wall outlet.
- Avoid plugging the laser printer into a power strip shared by other devices.
- Ensure that other outlets on the same circuit do not have “high power demand” devices in operation. Usually, one circuit breaker provides power to several outlets.
- NEVER plug a laser printer into an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) system. The power demands of a laser printer are usually not compatible with the capabilities of small home and business UPS systems.
- Download and install updated firmware for Dell 5210n/5310n laser printer.
- Verify if the paper size and type settings in the operator panel matches the print media size and type being used on the printer.
- Press the Menu button.
- Press the Select button to select Paper Menu.
- Press the down arrow until Paper Size/Type appears and press Select.
- Press the down arrow until the specified tray appears. Then press the Select button.
- Open the paper tray.
- Verify the paper stop slider is set to the same paper size as the operator panel.
- Press the Select button.
- Verify the paper type in the tray is the same as the paper type in the operator panel.
- Determine if the fuser has been replaced for this issue.
- The fuser has not been replaced: Replace the Please contact Dell Technical Support for further advice.
- The fuser has been replaced: Please contact Dell Technical Support for further advice.