amp register: Evaluation of <<amp register -n AMP_NAME -i X.X.X.X -u admin -t SMI-S -p 5989 -c cluster-1>> failed.
cause: Failed to register array management provider.
cause: Failed to ping AMP 'AMP_NAME'. com.emc.vplex.via.orca.amp.AMPException: Failed to ping provider 'AMP_NAME'. Cause: Unable to connect
1. Ping the IP address of the AMP host from the management-server (VS2) or the MMCS (VS6) to ensure that it is pingable. If the IP is not pingable, please ensure that any connectivity issues between the VPlex management-server/MMCS are resolved;
service@ManagementServer:~> ping X.X.X.X
2. If the existing AMP configuration's connectivity-status reports 'unreachable', unregister it from the VPlexcli and then re-register it;
VPlexcli:/> amp unregister -n AMP_NAME -c cluster-1
Unregistering an array-provider will permanently remove it. Do you wish to proceed? (Yes/No) Yes
Successfully unregistered array provider 'AMP_NAME' on cluster 'cluster-1'.
3. During the registration of AMP, a URL is created using three values: protocol, host and port. The management-server/MMCS attempts to try and connect to this URL during the registration process. If this URL is inaccessible, the registration of AMP fails. The protocol used by the ECOM server is either HTTP (5988) or HTTPS (5989). Both ports along with port 443 must be open in both directors (inbound/outbound) in the firewall configuration. For a list of all firewall exceptions, refer to the PDF attachment in the bottom of this article labelled, 'Provisioning with EMC VIAS.pdf';
4. To check whether the ports are open, perform a telnet to the AMP IP by specifying the port/s from the management-server/MMCS. If any of the ports used are blocked, please consult step 3 above to ensure that the relevant ports are open/allowed in the firewall;
Instance where port 5988 is blocked:
service@ManagementServer:~> telnet X.X.X.X 5988
telnet: connect to address X.X.X.X: Connection timed out
Instance where port 5989 is open:
service@essvplex0415-mc:/var/log/VPlex/cli> telnet X.X.X.X 5989
Connected to X.X.X.X.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
5. When attempting to register AMP using HTTPS (port 5989), ensure that the --use-ssl argument is specified;
VPlexcli:/> amp register -n AMP_NAME -i X.X.X.X -u admin -t SMI-S -p 5989 -c CLUSTER_ID --use-ssl