Configure Proactive HA for Modular servers
Before configuring Proactive HA for the Modular servers, ensure that the following conditions are met:
- All hosts are properly configured for redundancy of all the three supported redundant components (power supply, fans, and IDSDM).
- Hosts and chassis inventory is completed successfully.
NOTE It is recommended that all the modular hosts in a Proactive HA cluster should not be in the same chassis, because the chassis components (PSU and fan) failure affects all its associated servers.
- Create a host credential profile and associate hosts with host credential profile. See Create host credential profile.
Verify that hosts inventory is completed successfully. See
View host inventory job.
NOTE Ensure to confirm the availability of a host for a Proactive HA cluster from the logs data.
- Create a chassis credential profile for associated chassis. See Create chassis credential profile.
- Verify that chassis inventory is completed successfully. See View chassis inventory job.
- Launch CMC or OME-Modular and verify that the Trap destination for chassis is set as the OMIVV appliance IP address. For more information about configuring trap, see the CMC and OME-Modular User's Guide available at dell.com/support.
- Enable Proactive HA on a cluster. See Enabling Proactive HA on a cluster.