- Notes, cautions, and warnings
- Dell Command | Update Overview
- Install, uninstall, and upgrade Dell Command | Update version 3 .1
- Features of Dell Command | Update
- Configure Dell Command | Update
- Dell Command | Update command line interface
Dell Command | Update uses update packages to determine the latest updates for a system. An update package contains feature enhancements or changes in BIOS, firmware, drivers, applications, and software. Usually, the update is self-sufficient and runs the pre-installation and applicable dependencies; however, the update may be dependent as described here:
For example, consider that your system has version A01 of BIOS installed and version A05 is an available update, and version A03 is a prerequisite of version A05. You must first update the system to version A03. Dell Command | Update updates the system to version A03 before allowing an update to version A05.
For example, consider that your system needs a firmware update. To update system firmware, you must first update the system BIOS to a required minimum version. Dell Command | Update updates the system BIOS to the required version before updating the system firmware.