Supply power to the S3048–ON after it is mounted in a rack
Dell EMC recommends reinspecting your switch before powering up. Verify
- The equipment is properly secured to the rack and properly grounded, optional.
- The equipment rack is properly mounted and grounded, optional.
- The ambient temperature around the unit, which may be higher than
the room temperature, is within the limits specified for the S3048–ON. For more information, see Specifications.
- There is sufficient airflow around the unit.
- The input circuits are correctly sized for the loads and that
you use sufficient overcurrent protection devices.
- All protective covers are in place.
- Blank panels are installed if you do not install optional modules.
NOTE: A US AC
power cable is included for powering up an AC power supply. You must
order all other power cables separately.
NOTE: ESD damage can occur
if components are mishandled. Always wear an ESD-preventive wrist
or heel ground strap when handling the S3048–ON switch and its components.
Power up sequence
When the switch powers up, the fans immediately come on at high
speed. The fan speed slows as the switch continues to boot up.