Overview of OpenManage Integration with Microsoft Windows Admin Center
Dell EMC OpenManage Integration with Microsoft Windows Admin Center (OMIMSWAC) enables IT administrators to manage the PowerEdge servers as hosts, Microsoft Failover Clusters created with PowerEdge servers, and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) created by using the Dell EMC Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) Ready Nodes. OMIMSWAC simplifies the tasks of IT administrators by remotely managing the PowerEdge servers and clusters throughout their life cycle. For more information about the features and benefits of OMIMSWAC, see the documentation at
Key features of OMIMSWAC
- OMIMSWAC provides a simplified solution to IT administrators to efficiently manage the following:
- Dell EMC PowerEdge servers.
- Azure Stack HCI created with Dell EMC Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct Ready Nodes.
- Microsoft failover clusters created with Dell EMC PowerEdge servers.
- A unified view of health, hardware, and firmware inventory information of the device components.
- Provides update compliance report of PowerEdge servers and clusters against update repository that is created with Dell EMC Repository Manager (DRM).
- Provides notifications on availability of new update catalogs.
- View iDRAC information of PowerEdge servers. For out-of-band management, you can directly launch the iDRAC console from Windows Admin Center.
- Availability of OMIMSWAC extension and documentation localized in English, French, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese languages.
New in this release
- Support for the latest 1910 GA release of Microsoft Windows Admin Center.
- Support for YX5X models of Dell EMC PowerEdge AMD servers. For more information about the supported hardware by OMIMSWAC, see the
Compatibility Matrix section.
- Improvements in the workflow related to USB NIC by using the OS to iDRAC Pass-through.