Scan specific hardware component
You can scan a specific hardware component such as processor, hard drive, memory, and battery, depending on your requirement.
Open SupportAssist and click the
Perform one or more of the following steps:
- To scan the CPU, in the
CPU card, click
- To scan the hard drive, in the
Hard Drive card, click
- To scan the memory, in the
Memory card, click
- To scan the battery, in the
Battery card, click
After the scan is complete:
- If no issue is detected, an appropriate result is displayed.
- If an issue is detected, but does not require support request creation as per Dell policy, a notification is sent to your IT administrator.
- If an issue is detected, and requires support request creation, a request is automatically created, and a notification is sent to your IT administrator and Dell technical support.
To view the history of scans for a specific component, click
Scan history in the corresponding card.
System Activity page is displayed with the history details.