Preparing your environment
This section lists the minimum network and port requirements for the local system.
- Internet connectivity - Standard 1 GbE network or faster through HTTP proxy with basic authentication
- The local system/proxy must be able to connect to the following Enterprise servers through ports 443 and 8443:
- The local system/proxy must be able to connect to the following Global Access Servers through ports 443 and 8443:
- Configure at least one DNS server
- Use only a static IP address for the local system. Dynamic IP addresses are not supported
- To ensure communication security and integrity, networking devices must not perform any method of SSL decryption on traffic for the backend. Attempting to do so will cause a loss of connectivity to the backend.
NOTE If SSL decryption is enabled on the proxy servers and other devices, ensure the Global Access and Enterprise Servers are added to the SSL decryption exclusion list on the proxy servers and devices.
Before you upgrade, if you have VMAX products deployed, please refer to
KB article 000187804 solution as well as legacy products
KB article 000191682 for more information
||Dell EMC provided software
| Secure Remote Services Virtual Edition upgrade to Secure Connect Gateway
|| Processor - Four or more processors, each 2.2 GHz minimum, must be SSE2 supported (required for FIPS compliance) -
- Total Memory: Minimum required 16GB
- Total Disk Space: Minimum Required: 140 GB.
|SRS Docker Edition (SRS DE)
||This version is not eligible for upgrade at this time
SRS Policy Manager Customers
WARNING If you are using Policy Manager today with SRS you will need to download and install our new Policy Manager for Secure Connect Gateway 5.0. This will require you to set new policies for you systems. Please allow for time to do this before you upgrade your SRS system to Secure Connect Gateway.
More information and documentation for policy manager is located