system setup password
You can assign a new System or Admin Password only
when the status is in Not Set.
About this task
To enter the
system setup, press F2 immediately after a power-on or re-boot.
- In the System BIOS or System Setup screen, select Security and press Enter.
The Security screen
- Select System/Admin Password and create a password in the Enter the new password field.
Use the following guidelines to assign the system
- A password can have up to 32 characters.
- The password can contain the numbers 0 through 9.
- Only lower case letters are valid, upper case letters
are not allowed.
- Only the following special characters are allowed:
space, (”), (+), (,), (-), (.), (/), (;), ([), (\), (]), (`).
- Type the system password that you entered
earlier in the Confirm new password field and
- Press Esc and a message prompts you to save
- Press Y to save the changes.
The computer reboots.