The Dell™ Latitude™ D430 laptop is an ideal lightweight solution for business users who travel frequently. This "road warrior" laptop enhances the previous-generation Latitude D420 with a memory boost (minimum 1GB of onboard memory), a bright WXGA panel and new levels of choice and customization.
Advanced options and new levels of customization
- The latest Intel® Core™2 Duo processors
- Genuine Windows Vista® Business or
- Genuine Windows® XP Professional
- Designed for frequent travelers with wide-screen panels and a thin, lightweight form factor
- Choice of Direct Deploy Services to help simplify image management and customization
- Energy-efficient systems designed to meet or exceed the worldwide mutually recognized Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) ENERGY STAR® Standard
Designed, tested and built for quality
- Full magnesium-alloy construction for years of reliable performance
- Optional Solid State Drive has no moving parts, this can help improve durability and reliability
- Strike Zone™ hard drive offers 24/7 data protection against life’s bumps and bruises
- Complete your experience with optional Dell CompleteCare*™ Accidental Damage Service
Keeps users connected virtually anytime, anywhere*
- Wireless-N, based on Draft 802.11n technology, with up to 5X the speed and 2X the range of traditional Wi-Fi® when used with a Wireless-N router*
- HyperBand Diversity Antenna delivers excellent multi-band wireless performance for mobile broadband and Wi-Fi*
- Integrated Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate helps make it easy to connect personal devices
- Take advantage of Dell’s support for industry leading mobile broadband carriers
- Built-in WiFi Catcher™ switch helps you quickly find a network, even when the laptop’s closed
Smart SecurityStrategic, comprehensive endpoint solutions
- Advanced user identification options: integrated Smart Cards, optional integrated fingerprint reader and/or passwords (even at pre-boot level)
- TPM security chip enables a personal virtual drive for all of your encrypted files
- Wave® EMBASSY® Trust Suite works with the TPM for robust file/folder encryption and much more
- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (Up to 224MB shared*)
The GMA 950 graphics core is an intelligent and responsive graphics engine built into the chipset that is on the motherboard. This integration provides incredible visual quality, fast graphics performance and flexible display options.
- WXGA (1280 x 800 resolution)
Intel® 4965 WiFi 802.11a/g/n
Dell Wireless 1505 802.11a/g/n Tri-Band Mini-Cards
Intel® 3945 WiFi 802.11a/g
Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g
Dell Wireless 1490 802.11a/g Dual-Band Mini-Cards
Dell Wireless 360 Internal Bluetooth (optional).
- Physical Security:
Cable Lock Slots, Media Module and Hard Drive Locks.
User & System Security:
Integrated Smart Card Reader, Trusted Platform Module 1.2 and optional UPEK™ finger print reader. Wave Embassy™ Trust Suite by Wave Systems security software.
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security (up to 3 year subscription)
802.11 WiFi Protected Access (WPA), 802.11i (WPA2), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and 802.1x with EAP modes
Designed to address the technology challenges you face today, Dell ProSupport™* starts with a service model designed for IT professionals like you.
Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Dell ProSupport for end users is designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. End users receive 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support plus 'how-to' support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft Small Business Server®, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat®.
Additional Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|International Onsite Service* provides service and support for your Dell laptop while you are traveling. |
Specialized Onsite Options allow you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for notebooks include:
|Asset Management and Protection help protect sensitive data.|
Data Management and Protection
|Enterprise-Wide Contract provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Customization and Set up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell™ Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell-Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Custom Factory Integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect™ is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customer to easily create, manage and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offer safe and environmentally appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.