The power you need, where you need it
Mobile professionals needing reliable workstation power, including high-level CAD designers, advanced engineers and architects.
Maximized Performance. Maximized Productivity.Working on the go has never been so powerful and productive. The Dell Precision™ M4400, a robust mobile workstation, features:
- Advanced 3D graphics featuring NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 770M or Quadro FX 1700M graphics engine with 512MB of dedicated graphics* memory for demanding tasks, such as video editing, animation, and computer-aided design (CAD) manipulation
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional
- An estimated starting weight of only 5.92 lbs* (2.69 kg)
- Intel® Core™2 Duo, Core 2 Extreme, and Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition processors for number-crunching performance
- A long-life battery to maximize productivity
- A crisp 15.4" high-resolution display including the 100 percent Adobe® Color Gamut RGB LED display
- A choice of 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems, including Red Hat® Linux®, designed to take advantage of a wide range of workstation applications
- Wireless communication with WiFi, Mobile Broadband*, Bluetooth® and HyperBand Diversity Antenna
- Dell ControlPoint™ to easily manage your wireless Internet connection
- Comprehensive security and data protection features such as a robust software suite, multilevel user authentication and secure email and Web access
Certified Independent Software Vendor TechnologyDell understands that businesses require technical reliability and ease of integration. To that end, we:
- Partner with leading independent software vendors (ISVs) to certify system and application compatibility
- Conduct rigorous testing to ensure exceptional performance
- Base every Dell Precision on standards-based technologies
Select an ISV-certified Dell Precision and help ensure the applications you depend on run smoothly, right out of the box.
Expanded ScalabilityThe Dell Precision M4400 offers a variety of advanced technology features to confidently take on and keep up with the growing demands of the business world. Some features include:
- High speed, highly reliable Dell Flash Ultra Performance solid-state drives (SSD) designed without moving parts to help improve data reliability — SSDs can deliver up to 22 percent improved system performance over a 7200 rpm performance notebook hard drive*
- Enhanced security features to help ensure your data is safe, including a RAID 1-like data backup system when the notebook is docked
- Scalable 8 GB memory so you can process large amounts of data on the go
Built for BusinessThe Dell Precision M4400 is compatible with a wide variety of Latitude™ E-Family docking systems and peripherals to help improve overall system management. Even better, it promises a low total cost of ownership with few technology refreshes — meaning reduced support costs.
- 15.4" WUXGA TrueLife RGB LED display (1920x1200) featuring 100% Adobe® Color Gamut
15.4" WUXGA AG day light viewing (1920x1200)
15.4" WXGA+ AG WLED Back-lit display (1440x900)
15.4" WXGA AG display (1280x800)
- DVD-ROM, CD-RW/DVD, DVD+/-RW, and BluRay
10/100/1000 Ethernet controller, 56K v9 Internal Modem (Optional)
WLAN A, B, G, N
Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 2.1
Next Generation Mobile Broadband* including GPS functionality
Dell Wireless 1397 802.11g Mini-Card
Dell Wireless 1510 802.11 a/g/n 2/3 Mini-Card
Intel Wireless 5100 802.11a/g/n 1/2 Mini-Card
Intel Wireless 5300 802.11a/g/n 3/3 Mini-Card
Dell Wireless 5530 (HSDPA) Mini-Card
Dell Wireless 5720 (EVDO) Rev A
Availability varies by region
- Physical Security:
Steel-reinforced Cable Lock Slots, Media Module and Hard Drive Locks.
User & System Security:
Smart Card Reader and optional Contactless Smart Card Reader
Fingerprint Reader OR FIPS Fingerprint Reader (optional)
TPM 1.2 (where available)
Dell ControlPoint Security Manager
802.11 Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), 802.11i (WPA2), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) 802.1x with EAP modes and compatible with CCX 4.0
- 2 speakers, optional microphone
Optional camera and microphone
- Power Supply:
130 Watt AC adapter
6-cell or 9-cell extended life primary batteries
84Whr high capacity battery slice
Dell ProSupportProfessional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, Dell ProSupport* starts with a service model designed for IT professionals like you.
Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Additional Dell ProSupport options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Specialized Onsite Options allow you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. |
Recommended options for desktops include:
|Keep Your Hard Drive* enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-Wide Contract provides enhanced proactive capabilities through: |
Customization and Set-Up
|Deployment Services |
Our end-to-end deployment servicesaredesigned to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Client Migration and Deployment
Dell Managed Deployment Services are forcustomers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments that require a single point of contact.
Custom Factory Integration
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.