The Dell Precision M6300 is a mobile performance workstation, optimized to provide the brute force computing power of a desktop workstation and the mobility of a laptop.
Workstation Performance, Laptop Mobility
Workstation PerformanceThe Dell Precision M6300 is the ultimate in mobile performance workstations, offering all of the power you come to expect from workstation computing. Designed for ultra-high-end performance needs, the M6300 can handle even the most graphically intensive programs, making it a preferred choice for engineering design, analysis and digital content creation professionals.
- 64-bit Intel Core™2 Duo and Intel Core™2 Duo Extreme Edition Processors and up to 8GB* of dual-channel memory with 36-bit addressing, is the latest in performance laptop architecture.
- Genuine Windows® XP Professional or
- Genuine Windows Vista® Business , which features 64-bit support, delivers premium performance for demanding digital media
- Discrete NVIDIA graphics card with up to 512MB of graphics memory, provides advanced graphic performance and the ability to create rich digital media, viewable on an expansive 17" optional TrueLife display.
- Performance Hard Drive options include solid state & encrypted hard drives; offering improved durability, faster boot times and peace-of-mind security.
- Energy Efficient design meets or exceeds the internationally recognized Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Energy Star 4.0 standards.
Maximized ReliabilityThe Dell Precision M6300 is designed for reliable performance from day one. Integrated technologies and components have been chosen with a focus on optimizing workstation applications. Through rigorous testing, the incorporation of standards-based technologies and partnerships with leading service vendors, you can rest assured your laptop will perform reliably.
- ISV Certifications offer reassurance that your business critical applications are compatible with your system and will run flawlessly, before you buy. The Dell Precision M6300 is certified on the industry's most complex CAD, CAM, CAE, DCC, GIS workstation applications.
- Expert Assistance is just a phone call away, should you need it. Workstation expert technicians provide support and assistance whenever and wherever you are.
True Laptop MobilityDesigned with mobility as a priority, the Dell Precision M6300 liberates users requiring the power of a desktop workstation to create, analyze or design virtually anywhere. Stay connected with a wide array of mobility options, including:
- Hyperband Diversity Antenna delivers enhanced multi-band performance support for Mobile Broadband*and Wi-Fi.
- Next Generation Wi-Fi – draft 802.11n Wi-Fi offers up to 5x the speed and 2x the range of previous generations.*
- Mobile Broadband Technology – to stay connected almost anywhere*.
- Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR helps you connect to your personal devices and peripherals quickly and effectively.
Managed for BusinessDell offers a variety of solutions for business to help ensure you have the system that suits your organizational needs.
- Dell Deployment Services make image management and customization simple. Choose the level of customization that best meets your needs and budget, maintaining a low total cost of ownership.
- Security Options – keep your businesses sensitive data safe with a variety of options including, advanced user identification with smart cards and finger print readers.
- NVIDIA Quadro® FX 3600M 512MB dedicated or
NVIDIA Quadro® FX 1600M 256MB dedicated
Essential for Microsoft® Windows Vista®
Offering an enriched 3D user interface, NVIDIA Quadro graphics boards and NVIDIA® OpenGL ICD drivers are optimized for 32- and 64-bit architectures to enable the Microsoft Windows Vista experience.
- 17" WUXGA UltraSharp™ Display (1920 X 1200 resolution)
17" WXGA+ UltraSharp Display (1440 X 900 resolution)
- Physical Security:
Cable Lock Slot
User & System Security:
Integrated Smart Card Reader, Trusted Platform Module 1.2 and optional UPEK finger print reader. Dell Wave Embassy Trust security software
802.11 WiFi Protected Access (WPA), 802.11i (WPA2), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and 802.1x with EAP modes, CCX V4.0
- Power Supply:
130 Watt AC adapter
9-cell/85 WHr Smart Li-Ion battery featuring ExpressCharge™
Designed to address the technology challenges you face today, Dell ProSupport* starts with a service model designed for IT professionals like you.
Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Dell ProSupport for End-Users is designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. End-users receive 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support plus “how-to” support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat®.
Additional Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|International Onsite Service* provides service and support for your Dell laptop while you are traveling. |
Specialized Onsite Options allow you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for notebooks include:
|Asset Management and Protection help protect sensitive data.|
Data Management and Protection
|Enterprise-Wide Contract provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Customization and Set-Up
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Custom Factory Integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.