Building blocks for the modern data centerOptimized for Dell EMC’s PowerEdge MX kinetic infrastructure ecosystem, the PowerEdge MX740c server, with dense compute, large memory capacity and rich set of storage subsystem options, delivers the flexibility and agility needed in today’s software-defined data centers.
- Single-width; up to eight sleds per PowerEdge MX7000 chassis.
- One or two, up to 28-core 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors per sled, up to 448 cores per chassis.
- Up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs slots, 3TB max memory and speeds up to 2933MT/s; up to 192 DIMMS per chassis for up to 24.5TB max memory.
- Supports up to 12 slots for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory DCPMM (6.1TB) with a maximum total capacity of 7.68TB per server.
- Up to six 2.5" drive bays for SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD) and NVMe PCIe SSD support plus optional M.2 boot.
Dynamically provision to maximize workload performance and drive efficient infrastructureDisaggregate and granularly reassign resources with the PowerEdge MX architecture to maximize utilization and minimize overprovisioning and stranded infrastructure. PowerEdge MX740c fully configurable, no compromise compute provides impressive performance in compact customizable configurations for workload optimization.
- Scale compute resources with second-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
- Flexible memory configurations from capacities of 8GB to 3TB; RDIMMs and LRDIMMs for reduced memory loading and greater density.
- High performance Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD delivers exceptional endurance in demanding enterprise environments.
Intelligently automate to accelerate operations and effectivenessDeploy and provision PowerEdge MX servers faster and automate daily operations with agent-free lifecycle management. Unify and simplify management of compute, storage and fabric with Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise – Modular Edition within the MX7000 chassis.
- Up to four times more performance with integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9) for easy lifecycle management from deploy to retirement*.
- Sixteen fewer steps and 30% time savings to perform basic server setup using Android or Apple mobile device with Quick Sync 2* .
- Full Lifecycle Management of more than 5,000 nodes within 611 chassis over 7 continents simultaneously on a single OpenManage Enterprise console* .
Future-proof infrastructure to avoid technology and architectural disruptionDesigned to support future generations of compute sleds regardless of processor/chipset architecture and I/O needs, the PowerEdge MX responsive design helps eliminate the uncertainty of planning for emerging workload and data center needs. Industry leading thermal architecture, unique no mid plane design, forward thinking mechanical design and control algorithms for dense configurations allows for emerging technologies to easily integrate with existing infrastructure.
- Multi-generational assurance for at least three sever processor microarchitecture generations.
- More effective cooling and more disruptive fabric upgrades with the no mid plane design - direct compute to I/O connections.
- Simplified storage capacity, up to 118 2.5” direct-attached SAS hot-serviceable drives in a single MX7000 chassis when paired with PowerEdge MX5016s storage sled.