Compelling performance and high scalability
The Dell EMC PowerEdge R650 is a full-featured enterprise server designed to optimize workload performance and data center density.
Innovation engine to address emerging workloads
Optimal performance, high scalability, and data center density for demanding workloadsThe dual-socket/1U PowerEdge R650 is the ideal rack server to address performance, high scalability, and density.
- Supports 8 channels per CPU, up to 32 DDR4 DIMMs at 3200 MT/s DIMM speed
- Address substantial throughput improvements with PCIe Gen 4 and up to 10 NVMe drives
- Ideal for traditional corporate IT, database and analytics, VDI, and AI/ML and Inferencing
- Optional Direct Liquid Cooling support to address high wattage processors
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
The Dell EMC OpenManage systems management portfolio helps tame the complexity of your IT environment with tools and solutions to discover, monitor, manage, update, and deploy your PowerEdge infrastructure.
PowerEdge and OpenManage solutions integrate tools across the portfolio to help organizations automate the server lifecycle, optimize operations, and scale efficiently.
Dell EMC PowerEdge servers are made with a cyber resilient architecture that builds in security at every phase of the product lifecycle, from the silicon root of trust and secured component verification, to signed firmware and drift detection, to BIOS recovery.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell EMC is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Up to two 3rd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with up to 40 cores per processor
Direct Contact Liquid Cooling (DCLC) option: Yes
- Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- Intel® C620 series chipset
- Up to three 75 W single-width GPU
- DIMM Speed
Up to 3200 MT/s
Intel® Persistent Memory 200 series (BPS)
Memory Module Slots
32 DDR4 DIMM slots
RDIMM 2 TB
LRDIMM 4 TB
Intel® Persistent Memory 200 series (BPS) 8 TB
- Front Bays
Up to 10 x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA/NVMe (HDD/SSD) max 153 TB
Up to 8 x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA/NVMe (HDD/SSD) max 122.8 TB
Up to 4 x 3.5-inch SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 64 TB
Up to 2 x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA/NVMe (HDD/SSD) max 30.7 TB
- Internal Controllers
PERC H745, H345, HBA355I, H755, H755N
PERC H840, HBA355E
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem (BOSS-S2): HW RAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 240 GB or 480 GB
Internal Dual SD Module
- Cryptographically signed firmware
Silicon Root of Trust
System Lockdown (requires iDRAC9 Enterprise or Datacenter)
TPM 1.2/2.0 FIPS, CC-TCG certified, TPM 2.0 China NationZ
- Embedded / At-the-Server
Quick Sync 2 wireless module
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Power Manager plugin
OpenManage SupportAssist plugin
OpenManage Update Manager plugin
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
System Update Utility
Microsoft® System Center
Red Hat® Ansible® Modules
VMware® vCenter and vRealize Operations Manager
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager Nagios Core
- 800 W Platinum AC/240 HVDC
1100 W Titanium AC/240 HVDC
1400 W Platinum AC/240 HVDC
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy option
- Network Options
2 x 1 GbE LOM and 1 x OCP 3.0 (x8 PCIe lanes) (optional)
1 x Dedicated iDRAC Direct micro-USB
1 x USB 2.0
1 x VGA
1 x USB 2.0
1 x Serial (optional)
1 x USB 3.0
2 x RJ-45
1 x VGA port (optional for liquid cooling configuration)
1 x USB 3.0
- Up to 3 x PCIe Gen4 low profile slots (all x16 except one x8 slot with SNAPI I/O option) or 2 x PCIe (Gen4) full height slots
1 x VGA
- Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
- 1U rack server
Dimensions & Weight
42.8 mm (1.68 inches)
482 mm (18.97 inches)
809 mm (31.85 inches) – without bezel
822.84 mm (32.39 inches) – with bezel
21.2 kg (46.7 lbs)
- ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm (CMA) for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks).
ReadyRails™ static rails for 4-post and 2-post racks. Sliding rails with optional strain relief bar (SRB).
- Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.