Scale-up efficiency without compromise
Gain outstanding cost efficiency with a highly scalable single-socket, 2U rack server. Easily add memory and storage for demanding modern workloads.
Sorry, but this item is no longer available for purchase online. Please contact your sales representative for details on how to order.
Scale-up server for cost optimizationThe PowerEdge R7415 delivers true versatility in a highly configurable, single socket solution. It offers maximum flexibility with up to 24 NVMe drives and 8 memory channels. With 128 lanes of PCIe connectivity and up to 32 cores, the R7415 provides an optimal balance of compute to I/O – enabling low latency, high performance compute.
- BI analytics
- Scale-out, high capacity SDS
Breakthrough performance for storage-intensive workloadsThe PowerEdge R7415 delivers cost-efficient scalability in a single-socket design. Add plenty of storage and memory capacity to meet the needs of demanding workloads. With the enterprise-class AMD EPYC™ processor, the R7415 delivers software-defined storage or business analytics in a single-processor design.
- Memory and I/O flexibility with up to 16 DDR4 DIMMs and 128 lanes of PCIe.
- Rich storage performance with up to 24 NVMe SSDs.
- Up to 1 terabyte memory capacity for in-line memory and analytics.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded managementDell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protectionA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
- One AMD EPYC™ Processor with up to 32 cores
- Microsoft Windows Server® 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.4
SUSE Linux SLES 15
Ubuntu Server 18.04.1
VMware® vSphere 2016 U1 (ESXi 6.5 U1)
- DIMM Speed
Up to 2666MT/s
Memory Module Slots
16 DDR4 DIMM slots
- Front Bays
Up to 24 x 2.5” SATA/SAS/NVMe
Up to 12 x 3.5” SAS/SATA HDD
Up to 2 x 3.5” SAS/SATA HDD
- Internal Controllers
PERC H330, H730p, H740p, HBA330
External Controllers (RAID)
H840, 12Gbps PERC9, 10 series mini PERC x8 slot
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem (BOSS):
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SATA SSDs
Internal Dual SD Module
- Cryptographically signed firmware
Silicon Root of Trust
System Lockdown (requires OpenManage Enterprise)
TPM 1.2/2.0, TCM 2.0 optional
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
Dell EMC RACADM CLI
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
Microsoft® System Center
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager I
Oracle® Enterprise Manager
- 750W Titanium
- Network Options
2 x 1GE
2 x 10GE
2 x 10GE SFP+
1 x Dedicated iDRAC direct micro-USB
1 x USB 2.0
1 x Video
2 x 1GE
1 x Dedicated iDRAC network port
1 x Serial
2 x USB 3.0
1 x Video
4 x Gen3 slots; 3 x16 and 1 x8
- Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
- 2U Rack Server
Dimensions & Weight
28.21 kg (62.19 lb)
- ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks).
- Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.