Accelerate modern workloads with a scalable platformThe PowerEdge T640 is a versatile, powerhouse server ideal for mid-sized offices, remote sites and data centers. The T640 combines powerful performance and massive internal storage capacity in a rack or tower platform. Address a wide range of workloads and future-proof your data center with flexible storage, performance and I/O options.
- Server virtualization, desktop virtualization
- Database, business analytics (BI) and intelligence
- Applications and imaging for medical, finance, education and science
- ERP, CRM, HPC
- Software-defined technologies
Adapt and scale with greater versatilityMeet evolving business needs with the scalable business architecture of the PowerEdge T640. Accelerate demanding workloads and plan for future growth with cost-effective, in-server expansion.
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives and 2 x 10GbE connections.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation.*
- Address massive data growth with up to 18 x 3.5" or 32 x 2.5" drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automationDell OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your business with integrated securityA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise SuiteGain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell EMC is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeployProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & CertificationEducation Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
ConsultingConsulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
- Up to two 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor
- Up to four 300W and eight 150W GPUs
NVIDIA Tesla P100, P40, K80M, M60, M10, AMD S7150, S7150X2
- Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Citrix® Hypervisor ®
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- DIMM Speed
Up to 2993 MT/s
Memory Module Slots
24 DDR4 DIMM slots (12 NVDIMM only)
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
- Internal Controllers
PERC H330, H730P, H740P, HBA330
External Controller (RAID)
H840, 12Gbps SAS HBA
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem (BOSS):
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 240GB, 480 GB
Internal Dual SD Module
- 1100W 48VDC, 1100W 380HVDC, 750W 240HVDC, 495W, 750W, 1100W, 1600W, 2000W, 2400W, Platinum
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy option
Up to 8 hot plug fans with full redundancy
Dimensions & Weight
434.5mm (17.1") (base height)
443.5mm (17.5”) (with foot)
217.9mm (8.6") (base width)
304.5mm (12.0”) (with foot)
42.36kg (93.4lbs.) (Maximum with all drives 32 x 2.5 inch)
49.7kg (109.5) (Maximum with all drives 18 x 3.5 inch)
- Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
- Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.
- Network Options
2 x 10GbE
1 x Dedicated iDRAC micro-USB
1 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.0
6 x USB 2.0/3.0
- Front Bays
Up to 8 or 18 x 3.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD), max 216TB
Up to 16 x 2.5" SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD), max 61TB
Up to 32 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD), max 122TB
Up to 16 x 2.5” with up to 8 NVMe, SAS/SSD/NVMe (HDD/SDD), max 112TB
8 x Gen 3 slots (4 x 8)
8 x Gen 3 slots (4 x 16)
1 x VGA
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Power Center
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Microsoft® System Center
Redhat® Ansible® Modules
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager I
- ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks).