Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

February 26th, 2021 20:00

AW3420DW, monitor stand RGB not working

Hi there, 

I was recently moving my system from one room to another and while doing so, I took apart my AW3420DW from its stand. However when putting it back together, I believe I misaligned the monitor the to stand and as a result I heard snaps coming from it. Upon taking the monitor off for an inspection, I found that the 4 Gold Pins that connect to the monitor for the RGB connection on the stand had been broken. Is there anyway I can fix this? Will warranty cover it? If no, where can I find the measurements of the spring loaded pins/probes? 
thank you. 
Below is an image of the gold probes that are broken

1FA1A964-43A6-466A-B162-58C89321780A.jpeg

1 Message

March 26th, 2021 15:00

Did you ever sort this mate? The exact same has happened to me on my 27” monitor stand 

thanks max

March 26th, 2021 19:00

Probably not the answer you want to hear but your only option is to buy another stand from eBay or something. Dell support won’t cover it under warranty and they won’t even allow you to purchase one off of them. I personally just gave up and went with a 3rd party monitor arm. 
Cheers.

1 Message

February 6th, 2023 11:00

Can confirm. Dell Support told me it was my fault that the design of this stand was so flawed. Two of my pins broke just removing the screen from the stand. Would expect this to be at least a user serviceable part. They told me I was out of luck, and that they would gladly direct me to paid support, even though I am still covered in the basic warranty period. My advice to others, don't take the stand off, or you won't be able to control the light on the back ever again.

14 Posts

January 15th, 2024 20:32

Anyone figure how to put them back in ? It would be nice, a Dell rep would tell us how to do it. I saved the pins incase i find a thread how to do it.

14 Posts

January 15th, 2024 20:33

@DellSupportPro Hey would it be possible to explain us how to put them back in. It shouldn't be that hard.

No Events found!